Thursday, April 03, 2008

We're Finally Moved In!

Sorry it has been so long since the last post. We have been crazy hectic around here. We are completely moved in to our new place, but still have a few boxes left to unpack. Rey took a week off to help with the move, but there is still so much left to do. I also realized that we are accumulating way too much stuff. So, in a couple of weeks I am going to have one big yard sale. In all honesty, I would really like to sell everything we own and start over, but it would take too long and too much money.

The kids are enjoying the new space, but are having issues waking up in the middle of the night a lot. I guess they are not use to not sharing their space. Usually Rey or I can go in and tell them it's all okay and they go right back to sleep. This does, however, make for some sleepy parents in the morning. Both kids are playing together better to. The latest craze came from my nieces...ring around the rosie. Talia and Max hold hands and spin around while Talia sings the little song. When they fall down, Max cracks up laughing. It is the cutest thing. Now, if I could just find my video camera.

Max loves the fact that he can run around the house without having to back track. He has already started a wear trail from the den, to the entry, to the living room, to the kitchen and back into the den. He also loves playing in the yard. He just walks around the fence and picks the dandilions.

Talia is having a hard time with listening and following directions. She gets so easily frustrated these past few weeks. I know it's because of all the changes, but it's frustrating for me as well. She will constantly yell at the top of her lungs to try to get whatever she wants. Earlier today she yelled for about 20 minutes for more grapes. She had already had a bowl full of the grapes, a cup of yogurt, and orange juice, not 10 minutes before. UGH! I just hope we can get thru this all very quickly and feel settled so that her frustrations are limited. In other Talia news, she will start school on August 25th. Rey and I enrolled her in Pre-K for 3 days a week. She is really excited. We went to visit the school and she literally screamed the whole way out the door and home, "I want to go to school!" I am so glad she is excited.

Rey and I are doing good and happy that we are in a home. Rey is now driving to work, but says it's not too bad even with traffic, so that's good. Also, we have no credit card debt! We finally paid off the cards and we are now trying to get rid of my car payment, then our student loans. It is so exciting to see more money going to our savings account. I am still staying at home with the kids and enjoy it. I still try to get too much done in one day. I am struggling with taking a little time for me and being able to let some things slide, like the pile of fabric I want to use or the photos not yet in albums or scrapbooks.

Well, that is about it for now. Once the house is pretty I will take a few pics and post them. Until then...

No comments: