Sorry it has been two since the last post. We have been hectic around here. With the end of adoption classes, holidays, and just special days we are keeping busy.
I am excited to say that our last adoption training class is the 18th of this month. I am THRILLED! All of our paperwork has been turned in. We are going to be fingerprinted on the 24th so the FBI can do background checks on both Rey and myself.
After all of that the next step is the home study. I am a little worried at how long it may take to be completed. Some say 6 to 7 months because of a backlog in the system. I hope we can get it completed sooner. Rey keeps saying to be patient, but patience is not one of my virtues. I keep imagining a Christmas with 4 kiddos around a tree on Christmas morning and going to Christmas Eve services all dressed up.
It may sound odd, but I feel like everything is in slow motion. I want to do so many things, go so many places, and see so much with my kids. However, it's hard doing, going, or seeing with TJ and MA alone. I feel like we left someone behind. I want to do, go and see with all my children. There are vacations and toys I've put off because I want all my kids to have a say and enjoy everything. Then, I feel like a horrible parent, because it is not TJ and MA's fault. So, why shouldn't they get to have that time with Rey and I before we become a crazy family of 6? It is a hard line to walk and so, very slow going.
No comments:
Post a Comment