Friday, January 08, 2010

A Little of Everything

I know it's been a while...I am getting very bad about updates here and on our website.

Christmas was really nice. The kids didn't get nearly as many gifts as they usually do, but what they did get they love and have been playing with.

Since Christmas, at least one member of our family has been sick in some fashion. Most of us are dealing with allergies/sinus stuff, while Rey had a little cold. So, there has not been a lot to report.

We did finally decide to start looking for a home in the metroplex. We are renting at the moment, but we really want a place all our own. This is a little difficult because we come from very different places. I am a country girl, while he is a city boy. This all leads to some challenges to say the least.

As for the kids...they are great. MA and I are spending more time together now that TJ is back at school full time. TJ is loving school and has really started to open up and speak up. I am so proud of them both.

Rey is doing well. His company moved to a new office building so he is staying busy moving equipment around. He also really likes his new cubicle that's not in the basement.

Me...well...I don't really know. I have been sick lately and I think it has put me in a funk. I can't seem to unmuddle my mind. I really love lists and while I write lots of things on these lists, I might actually only "do" one. I just have too much that I WANT to do that I can't do anything. I would love to read more than just two books a month. I want to take more photographs, so I carry my camera with me everywhere, yet I don't take it out. I want to write to my friends (actual letters written in my own hand and mailed with a stamp) and I have beautiful stationary, but I end up not being able to make up my mind which card or paper to use. I want to finish the sewing projects I have for a friend that is expecting. I want to update my children's scrapbooks and baby books. All of these things, plus more, just seem so overwhelming. I know absolutely NONE of it is necessary nor expected of me, but I WANT to do them. I just keep putting them off.
I would think if it is something I want to do, I would make time, but I don't. I spend much of my time helping TJ with homework, MA with video games, Rey with house hunting. Maybe I just need a recharging break. Whatever I need, I hope I get it and snap out of it all soon.

No comments: