Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Little Bit of It All

Well it has been 6 months since I updated this blog and I know people are just dying to know what's going on with us (well, maybe only the three people that read this blog).

I've put up a number of posts from June to the present. Most of the post are just photos of the things we have been doing around here. The thing is, it has been pretty boring around here lately.

The only big news we have (without photos) is that we have voluntarily stopped the adoption process. We were tired of the run around of "your bio kids are too young to place older kids with" or "your bio kids are too close in age to the adoptable kids". It was never ending. We finally had our fill when our home study was put in on 2 adorable brothers in the North Texas area, but their social worker didn't feel it important to let us know that they were in their permenant placement for a month. We sat waiting, hoping and praying for a phone call to say Yea or Nay, and we never received it. It is sad that we had to get supervisors involved just to get an answer. After much careful consideration and plenty of prayer, we decide it best to end the merry go round. The bottom line....CPS wants families with experience, but they don't want you to have "children". Basically, if you have raised your kids and they are in high school or out of the house, then you will be an excellent candidate. Our problem is that we want to raise all of our children at the same time. Maybe we are too selfish. Personally, I feel like we are being realistic. We don't want to raise 2 seperate families. Anyway, we were/are sad, but we feel that this type of adoption is just not going to work. We are at peace with the decision and feel much more joyful and lighter.

Well now, I believe my handful of readers should be up to date. I hope you all have a great holiday season if I don't make it back here before the end of the year.

1 comment:

Lori said...

So glad you're "back"! It's funny, blogs are sometimes the only way I can keep up with friends, even if we are in the same zip code. Especially loved the new car, Delaney, and toddler "play pen" posts. Hope to see you real soon, Shelly!