Friday, March 02, 2007

Calming Down

Well, we all are finally calming down and getting into a routine here in Richardson. I have to admit that it has been a little rough at times. I really hate living in an apartment!! However, I just joined a MOMS club and I have been to a few events already. I am really enjoying myself and the kiddos are enjoying meeting new play friends. The MOMS club really helps me keep my sanity, all the moms know exactly how I feel when I say there is not much conversation between myself and a 2 1/2 year old. I can only read, dance, dress-up and play so much. I think this club will be great for everyone.

TJ is getting so much bigger. She is turning into a very independent little girl, she's not my little princess anymore (she's a big girl princess). She is so very smart. She knows our apartment number, can count to five, knows about 10 to 12 letters and can "read" everyday signs (i.e. STOP, Wal-Mart). I can't believe she knows all of this stuff. She suprises me everyday. She even knows how and when to use her manners. She will say "excuse me" if she wants to get by you. She says "sorry" if she bumps into you. She says "please" and "thank you" at meal times when she wants more food or her juice. She is simply amazing. There are days, however, that she can get into that "terrible two" stage and all she does is whine, cry or yell. She had a day like that a few days ago in the supermarket. That was fun, oh yes. But, all in all, she is a great kid.

MA is getting into everything!!! He has been crawling for some time now and he just simply will not stay in one place for more than two seconds. He is also losing some of his "baby fat". He is going to be as tall if not taller than his dad. MA, also, is very smart. He can clap along with "pat-a-cake", he can say "momma", "dada" and "Talia". He loves to dance, just let his little hands hold on to your fingers and he will sway and wiggle and jump like it is the greatest thing on earth. He is too cute for words.

R. and I are feeling a lot less stress. R. enjoys his job and is learning something new each day. He is making friends with co-workers and building relationships/networking with peers in 4 states. He is enjoying time to spend with his kids and not having to worry about how we are doing every night. I am glad to again share my daily life with my husband (along with the daily diaper duty). This has been a great transition for all of us, and we will all be better for it.

No comments: