As some of you might know Rey and I have been trying to conceive (TTC). We have been trying for a few months and with my PCOS it is not easy. I realized after the last negative home pregnancy test, that I don't think I could go thru the heartache of not ovulating and seeing only negative tests. So, after much thought and prayer, Rey and I have decided to adopt.
We are looking into adopting older children (age 6 to 10) in a sibling group (no more than 2). We attended our 1st informational meeting earlier today and got a lot of good information. Rey and I put in our agency request and will now wait for a training session to start. Once we have finished with the training (at least 3 months) then we will go on to the home study (probably another 2-3 months). After the home study we will start putting in interest requests for the children. We also have a call into our connections pastor at church, asking if he can put us in touch with other couples that have adopted. He gave us a couple of names so that they might help us in this new and confusing world. So, we are going forward with full steam.
I was hoping that if any of you have any info you could share about adoption, that you could let me know. We would really appreciate any thoughts and prayers you can send our way. Thanks in advance.
No comments:
Post a Comment