Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Process

Well, we just finished the initial round of paperwork. Basically we signed ten documents that said "yes, do a background and criminal check on us." We are still very much excited and fearful. We have also begun gathering all our personal documents that we will need (birth certificates and marriage license) and have had some setbacks. One of which, I did not give a lengthy explanation of why I needed my birth certificate, I only said "adoption". Well aparantly the employee of the county clerks office thought I was the one being adopted (only a few days before my 30th birthday). The employee sent it back saying they could not fulfill the request and that I would need to contact another county office. I said a prayer for the employee and sent the paperwork a second time with a little more detailed explanation.

Once the first round of paperwork is accepted, we will be given dates, times and locations of our training classes. So as we wait we are reading, studying, and getting involved with anything adoption. I have ordered books and checked out books that keep me up learning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog... Please be careful adopting two older children-- for the sake of your younger children. Many children that need adopting have intense challenges and I wouldn't want your two youngest to be harmed in any way. My prayers are with you.

SarahB said...

I hope you get your birth certificate copies quickly this time around!