Friday, July 10, 2009

Fun Times

Summer is HOT here in Texas!

Even with the heat the kids, Rey and I have found ourselves busy. We try to go to the park in the early morning while it is still cool. We are enjoying eating out a little more because it is too hot to turn on the stove or oven.

I have even rejoined my Wednesday morning Bible study which I LOVE! Those ladies are amazing and such a joy to be with. The occasional night out with my mommy friends is great as well.

Rey is absolutely wonderful just working away during the day and then coming home to play with the kiddos. They have a nightly game of hide-n-seek which is hilarious to watch. Then he spends time listening to me go on about the little things that happen during the day. I love this man.

July 4th was exciting this year. We all went to spend the weekend with my parents. The kids had fun playing in the water and watching some of the smaller fireworks. Neither kid really liked the loud booms or explosions of the large fireworks. Rey burnt his finger, I burnt my thumb, I stepped in an unseen ant bed that left my foot on fire, then I was hit in the shoulder with a wayward firecracker called a dancing dragon. This dragon firecracker was new to all of us and we did not know what it would do and so even a 15 foot radius wasn't much help. Let me tell you I thought this thing was going to knock me over. I escaped with a bruise and a penny sized burn on my shoulder. Even with all that we had lots of fun. Here are a few pics of the day.









No comments: