Thursday, June 16, 2011

Graduation

My baby brother graduated high school on June 3rd! He is making me feel very old.


As my graduation gift to him, I told him I would take him anywhere in the U.S. for a week vacation. After going back and forth about, Alaska, Hawaii, Colorado and Florida, he finally decided on Colorado. We left on the 8th of June and returned in the early morning of the 15th.


We started in the southwest corner of Colorado, made our way north to Denver and returned through the southeast corner. We visited Mesa Verde just outside of Cortez.


Then we moved on to Dolores, where we stayed in a great little cabin right on the Dolores River.


From there, we went up to Rifle. Robert was able to visit the grave of a former classmate that passed away earlier this year. We also played a little golf and found out about a memorial tournament for his classmate. Now, Robert is working on getting back to Rifle in July.


Next, we moved on east to Denver where we went to the Aquarium and the Molly Brown House.


We visited the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs and played a little more golf.


We moved on south to Canon City to ride the Royal Gorge Route Train and play more golf.


Our final stop was in Trinidad where we played our last round of golf.


We had a great time. I know this trip will be a special memory for me, I hope it is for him too. Robert is becoming an amazing young man and I am extremely proud to be his big sister.

No comments: