Monday, March 28, 2011

Mommy Epic Fail

Today was a milestone day for me. As one of my best friends described, it was an "epic fail"!

TJ brought home a letter last week that stated she would be honored with a blue ribbon award today at 'Colt Round-Up'. The colt round-up is a school assembly during the 8:10 to 8:55 time period. It was to be a surprise for TJ. I planned to go and take lots of photos for her scrapbook.

However, this is where my fail comes in, I totally forgot her round-up. I did not get her dressed up, did not show up and did not take one photo. I felt so lousy about everything. I called hubby and he wasn't a lot of help making me feel better. So, I then called my friend and she helped put things in perspective. She told me that TJ will not be in therapy for this one incident and she shared one of her fails.

After all the discussion with my girlfriend, I wondered how many times as moms do we put so much pressure on ourselves that we break down at one forgotten event?

Well, I'm here to let other moms know, we all have our moments and epic fails. But, our children will be okay and will turn out just fine. I know TJ is super because she got to have lunch from McDonalds with MA and I.

No comments: