Today's update is that our social worker and agency are finishing up edits on the homestudy. The homestudy process is actually taking much longer than I expected. However, we are still moving.
Rey and I have been looking at waiting children. We believe we found our third child! We don't want to say too much yet as we are waiting to find out if there is another couple also wanting to pursue the adoption of the same child. Rey and I may need to go to "committee". This means that a committee of about 5 social workers from our agency will have the difficult task of deciding which family is the best fit for the child.
We would like to ask for prayers for the committee, the child, and the other interested family. Rey and I have a wonderful sense of peace about everything at the moment. We feel all of the warm prayers and cannot begin to tell you all how we appreciate every single one of them.
I hope to have more news soon! Until then, please consider helping us bring our child home by buying a puzzle piece.
Blessings,
Shelly
No comments:
Post a Comment