Today has been a whirlwind of emails between our adoption agency and myself.
First, we received Liam's well baby check (WBC) for August. He is "perfectly" healthy. He is at an 8-9 month developmental level. Liam is 52" and 20+lbs., he is right in the middle of the growth chart. Exactly in the 50th percentile! The report filled me with joy.
Then I became a little down. We just paid $3000 for our processing fee to our agency. Now we have $18,950 in program fees due. Our agency stated on their website that they did not want money to discourage any family from adoption. However, I am feeling a little pressured to get money in immediately. When I discussed the money issue with the program director, she said we could put in a payment plan. I thought great. Then, she said we only have 8 months to pay it out. I worked out the math and Rey and I are going to have to pay $2368.75 a month. We don't have it.
We have multiple applications in to adoption funding agencies, but it will take a while before we hear anything. I just feel so helpless. I know God will provide, but I am worried about what I should be doing.
We are having another garage sale the weekend of October 12th. I am also sewing and crafting any time I can so that I will be able to sell the items. Rey and I have also discussed doing a spaghetti supper and/or pancake breakfast. As always, our puzzle piece fundraiser is still going on.
Please continue to pray for us and Liam.
Many blessings to you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment