I know it has been a long time since I last posted. Sorry!
However, when we are in the midst of good times and good things it is hard to stop to blog. We've had some good things come our way lately!
Last Tuesday we had a conference call with our agency to clarify the new laws and process in Korea. We found out that we will be making two trips to Korea. We are very happy with this news!! Even though it means more money, it gives Liam the opportunity to come home as an immediate US citizen. This could not be better!! Such good things for us and Liam.
Our agency also went through what the process will look like for us. Here are the bullet points.
* Matched with Liam
* Submission of the 2nd acceptance documents
* EP submission (this is the emigration permit Liam needs to leave the country)
* EP approval (this is Korea saying Liam may leave)
* Court submission (we are told when our hearing will be)
* 1st Trip to Korea (we will meet Liam and appear for our court hearing, trip is between 7-10 days)
* Come back home (for 3 to 5 weeks)
* 2nd Trip to Korea (we will assume custody and bring Liam home, trip is between 4-7 days)
During the call the social workers discussed how far they were in requesting the 2nd acceptance packet from families. They had mentioned that they would be through July matches by the end of May. Since we were matched the 1st of August we were not expecting our request until June. To our suprise I received an email just after the completion of the conference call requesting our 2nd acceptance documents!!! We are thrilled!
We have been working hard on getting everything in order so that we might send our packet by the end of this week!!!!
No one (not our agency nor us) know what the total timeline will look like. However this is our best guess right now.
* 2nd acceptance packet submitted to Korea by 6/6/13
* EP submitted about 6/27/13
* EP approved about 7/18/13
* Court appearance about 7/30/13
* Final trip to bring home Liam about 8/26/13
Again, this is just an estimate. It could go faster or slower. I feel like this will probably be the case just because I don't want to leave Talia and Max at the beginning of the school year!
I love taking the kids to their first day of school and if our final trip is the end of August I will miss it. From the beginning of this journey I talked about the fact that I wanted to be with my kids on their 1st day of school and that the timing seemed like it wouldn't be possible. So, being the horribly selfish momma I am, I would like you all to pray the process goes very quick and that Liam is home before the 1st day of the school year!! I know it is silly, but that's the thing that bothers me the most with this timeline.
So, there you have it!! The good things going on in our lives! What are your good things today? I would love to hear them!
1 comment:
August 26th is a great day! It's Avery's birthday. ;)
So happy for you guys. Hang tough, Mama!
Post a Comment