Wednesday, September 10, 2008

1st Adoption Class

Well, we had our 1st class last night. We now have a binder of paperwork to fill out as well as a list of documentation we need that is as long as my arm.

The actual meeting was good. The facilitators were pushing foster care really hard. I think within the next couple of meetings I will need to inform them that (with what I know about myself) I will never be able to foster and give up a child that has been living in my home.

The class includes 4 other couples. Two couples are there for foster to adopt, two couples already have a specific child (kinship adoption) in mind for adoption, and then there is Rey and I.

All in all, a very informative meeting. I felt like I might have been a little over prepared. I started research and reading anything I could about adoption a while back. So, some of the general info and stats they gave I already knew. I guess that is actually a good thing.

Thanks for all the support and prayers. Please keep them coming.

No comments: