We went to our 3rd training session last night and now I am a little worried.
Rey and I really thought that wanting to adopt older children would not be as time consuming as waiting for an infant. However, after our discussion last night, our facilitators seem to believe that we could be waiting years. Why? Mainly because the agency would like to keep the birth order in tact and they think that if we did adopt older children (6 - 10 years old) that they would still be too close in age to our bio children.
UGH!
I know that each case and family is different and that we shouldn't worry. But, IT'S HARD. Rey and I have really talked about everything and what would be best for our family, not just ourselves. TJ and MA come first, we think about their well being in every decision. So, I know we can handle the children we want to adopt.
Sorry about the rant. Just a bit frustrated.
No comments:
Post a Comment