I have to tell you all that I got NOTHING done over the holiday weekend. I still have scrapbooks, patterns and material everywhere. Oh well!! I had a good weekend. I took my brother out to Medieval Times for his 16th birthday.
Medieval Times is always a great place for entertainment. However, this Saturday I was very disappointed in my fellow dinner guests. Before the tournament they have announcements of "knighted" and "royal" guests. One of Saturday's royal guests was a gentleman turning 38 years old and had just returned from his 3rd tour of duty in Irag! I was so appreciative that I was immediately up on my feet cheering and applauding this man. It is Memorial Day weekend! As I looked about the room and the other couple hundred guests I, very sadly, realize that there was only a dozen or so other people up on their feet. This took me beyond ticked off!
Why do people have so little respect anymore. With the exception of a couple, most of the men in my family have served in some branch of the armed services (grandfathers, uncles, cousins, in-laws). I would never in a million years not stand for those men and women that preserve our freedom. Our armed services deserve every bit of respect and adoration humanly possible. These men and women (and those gone before them) give their lives so that we can enjoy a freedom beyond any other.
The gentleman mentioned at dinner deserved so much more than a room clapping. He has been to Irag and back THREE times! He came back to celebrate a birthday and time with his family and friends. He should have been afforded a hero's welcome. HE IS MY HERO!!!
So, in this week after Memorial Day, please tell a vetern or active duty person how much you love and respect them for all they do. I know I do. And, remember how much they give the next time your at dinner and they walk in, or your at the airport as they come home, or you just pass them on the street. Show a little RESPECT!
No comments:
Post a Comment