Thursday, May 14, 2009

UGH!

That is really all I want to say right now.

But....I guess I will say more. I am in a real funk right now.

Rey is working really hard and is stressed about a big project at work. I know he can do it and do it well, I just don't know how to convince him of that. The only part of the project I am worried about is the traveling. I want to be absolutely sure he has time off for TJ's surgery.

Although I know TJ's surgery is for the best, it is still very scary. I can't seem to put it too far out of mind. I feel like I am obsessing.

We are still working with TJ's school, getting her ready to transition into kindergarten next year. Her language skills have improved greatly and I am so proud of her. However, we want to continue her speech therapy to help her improve even more. We will be meeting with her kindergarten team next week to go over everything.

MA has been acting up quite a bit lately. He tends to hit or push TJ daily, to the point of her yelling (squealling is more like it) and him shouting right back. Today as I dropped her off at school, MA grabbed a handful of hair and pulled it out! Yes, completely out. He had long brown hair between his fingers. Fun times in the carpool line.

The past couple of weeks we have been plagued with plumbing problems. Toilets overflow and the washer backs up into the bath-tub. We found out that the plumbers will be drilling in the middle of our kitchen floor to take out the clog in the pipe. What's in the pipe you might ask? Well....a baby hairbrush (soft bristles) and a little cup from a tooth care set. Yep, my kids are angels. Today, we found out how much all of this repair work is going to cost us (around $1500) and decided our children will never be allowed in the bathroom alone again. Yea, that should work?

The adoption process is going no where. I am so beyond frustrated right now that it is past words. I am beginning to think we should stop the madness and be thankful and happy for the two children we have. A family of four, a little boy, a little girl, isn't that the perfect family?

I am also feeling crappy lately because of the birth control I'm on. I just don't want to make another visit to the doctor's office so she can tell me to try something else. Nothing is working for the PCOS and I am tired of the emotional roller coaster I am on.

The brighter side of things is that the kids and I went to the Fort Worth Zoo yesterday with MeMe and Uncle Robert. We all had a great time and I loved all the animals we got to see. TJ LOVES the giraffes and MA LOVES the lions and tigers. Here's a few photos.







Mother's day was great as well. Rey got me a pretty necklace with a cross, pearl, and FAITH charm. The "kids" got me a mother's necklace with charms for all of our birthstones. We went to church and I got to come home to take a long afternoon nap and have my favorite pizza for dinner (Mr.Jims...yum)!




Also on the good side, Rey and I were able to go out with a great couple on Saturday. We had dinner and took in a play. It felt good to be around other grownups and do grownup things. I think Rey and I tend to forget that we need to take care of ourselves to better take care of the kids. Saturday was a great stress reliever.

There you have it. My UGH put into words.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Dear Shelly, I am Barbara, your pen pal. how are you and all your family? Iam worried for Talia surgery. Why she must do a surgery?
I hope all everything is resolved soon! I will write soon, I hope you can read my thoughts. A hug to all of you and if we can do something, let me know. We will pray for you all. Kisses,
Barbara. My mailing address is : bagi77@interfree.it