First, I will apologize. I am in no way "good with words" and I am very emotional at the moment.
Talia will once again have back surgery. After an MRI today, Talia's team of doctors and nurses feel that the rods that have slipped have moved too much. They are going to do a second surgery to add length to rods to stabilize them. At this point there is a danger of her spinal cord being pinched and causing neurological damage. Her surgery is scheduled for Thursday, November 5th.
I am angry, upset, scared, and mainly a raging lunatic. The first surgery should have worked and we should not be doing this all again. I am frustrated that after the 2nd surgery she will have a much more restricted cast that will stay on for "no less than 3 months". I am upset that this is just one more thing to hold her up in school. My husband is grating on my last nerve and can do nothing right. (I am so glad that he loves me as much as he does, otherwise, he would probably give me the boot.)
There really are no words to express everything I am feeling. So...I am going to ask the only thing I know of that will help. Please pray for me...for my peace. Please pray for Talia...that the 2nd surgery will be a raving success. Please pray for us as a family...that we can pull together and be there for each other.
I have felt you all covering us in prayer and I am so thankful. Please don't stop now.
1 comment:
I'm praying for you and your family! I can only imagine how trying this is for all of you.
Post a Comment