This afternoon at lunch TJ dropped pizza toppings over the pink and green dress and was upset that she had to take it off to be washed. She finally placed it in the hamper and put on other clothes. Just before dinner, I had her try on the "princess dress". She was almost in tears when I told her she had to take it off so I could put in the zipper and hem everything. She asked if she could just stay in her underwear so that she could put her dress on as soon as I was done. I said yes as long as she stayed in her room with the door closed. She agreed, but ended up not following through. So, I had her put clothes back on. It took her 15 minutes to pull on leggings and a sweater (while she was crying). Then, I had to break to make dinner. TJ cried for about 20 minutes, the entire time saying, "I just want my dress, I don't need any dinner". As I was preparing dinner, Rey was putting in a load of laundry. I asked TJ to go get her dress from lunch so that we could wash out the pizza stain. Again, she came back downstairs crying, hugging her dress, saying "I love you so much". Rey said, "I love you too baby". TJ said, "not you, the dress"!! She then continues to sob about her two dresses, all the while I am rolling and dialing my mom to tell her all about it.....
Why I'm crazy.....because we love our dresses like dear friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment