A couple of posts ago, I let everyone know just what the devil was throwing at us.
That is a hard thing for me to do. I have a sinful pride. I don't like asking for help.
Rey and I have worked so hard and we know our friends and family work just as hard. Because of that we absolutely hate asking others for help.
We love to help others and will do most anything to help those around us. However, it is difficult to ask for and receive that help.
We know it is good to ask for help when it is needed and we are so thankful we did so.
Because....
when we asked, God's kids heard and felt moved to help.
And, to help in amazing ways.
First,
Talia and I recovered very quickly from the flu.
I did lose my voice afterwards, but was not "feeling" bad at all.
Second,
amazing friends, some anonymous and some not, bought our groceries.
We filled our pantry and fridge with good things and we felt so blessed.
Third,
Rey's W-2 came in and I completed our taxes.
We will be getting a pretty big amount back and it will pay for about 1/2 of what we still owe on our adoption program fees! That was great, what's better?
Fourth,
Rey will get a bonus that will go to the fees.
His bonus will take out another big chunk of what we still owe!!
Fifth,
we received a check from family
for the exact amount we will have left to pay after our tax return and bonus!!
This all means that by March our adoption program fees will be paid in full!!!
The only thing left now is to raise our traveling money.
We are sure that we won't travel until August (at the earliest),
so that means we have a few months to fundraise!!
Sixth,
our insurance company and roofer have been awesome!
Our roof will be repaired next week and we didn't have to do much.
We also won't be paying a lot!
God showed up in our friends and family.
Our hearts are full of joy and thanksgiving for all that He and our family/friends have done for us.
While we are so, so, so much closer to our goal now, we do have a ways to go.
Please continue to cover us and the adoption in prayer.
Prayers of thanksgiving.
Prayers of health for us and Liam.
Prayers that our finances continue to grow to cover our travel.
Prayers of blessings for all those sharing in our journey to Liam.
How AWESOME is our God?
We will tell the next generation
the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord,
his power, and the wonders he has done.
the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord,
his power, and the wonders he has done.
Psalm 78:4
1 comment:
Tears of joy my friend! Tears of joy!! I know how much you love Liam - but ya know what? God loves him even more!!! and HE will bring Liam home! To God be the glory!
Post a Comment