I wanted to give you all a little update on my family. We have been gone all week and did not have access to the internet. (If we would have, I would have posted sooner believe me!)
Since Tuesday was Halloween the kids and I decided to go stay at my parents home until Wednesday. This way Rey would be able to come home after work and see the kids and would also be able to trick or treat with them. Well, late Monday evening my Dad got a call from my uncle (his brother) that said my grandma was deteriorating quickly (from pancreatic cancer). My mom left to pick up my dad from work and drive him to Grandma's. When my parents came home (about midnight) they said Grandma was in a lot of pain but was still moving around a bit and was coherant. Well, all day Tuesday my dad stayed with Grandma and that afternoon about 3pm mom sent me over to sit with him and so I would have a chance to talk to Grandma. I went in and sat/talked with her. She wanted to know if the kids were trick or treating yet. I told her no that they would come by a little later. She was so frail, thin, wrinkled and pale. I told her I loved her and she said she would "see [me] later". I left and went to my parents to get the kids ready for Halloween. We went around my hometown and other family to trick or treat, then we went to Grandma's house. When we got there she had just fallen asleep, we didn't want to wake her, so we came and left fairly quickly. Wednesday came and I was thinking about coming back to Abilene as planned, but that morning the doctor told my dad, aunt and uncle that Grandma only had 72 hours at most, but that he believed she would pass around midnight or early morning Thursday. So, I stayed. I called Rey at work and told him I needed him to take leave from work on Thursday and Friday. When Rey came in on Wednesday I went to Grandma's to be with dad and mom. I left there at 7:45pm. When I got to my parent's home my brother was calling my mom to tell her and dad goodnight (around 8:20pm). My brother gave me the phone because Mom wanted to talk to me. She told me that Grandma had finally passed away at 8:13pm. Mom said Daddy had gone in to check on her and she was breathing very hard and labored. Dad told Grandma that it was OK to go that all her kids were there and they all knew it was for the best. Grandma looked at my Dad, took two small breaths, closed her eyes, and passed away holding my dad's hand.
Thursday and Friday were pretty blurry. I kept myself busy by cleaning my parent's house and shopping for an outfit to wear for the memorial service.
We had the service on Saturday at 10am. Rey and I were going to leave from there to come back to Abilene. I wanted some family time with him and kids. Since Rey was going to have to go back to work on Wednesday we were bringing both cars to Abilene. Well, Rey blows out a tire ten minutes before the service. So, I drop the kids off and go back to get him and leave his car on the side of the road. We have the service, go to Grandma's house for lunch, and try to figure out what to do. After lunch, we change clothes, go change the tire and find out the spare is flat. Rey drives a few hundred feet to a gas station only to find out that the air machine is out of service. We then drive about 2 miles to another station and finally get air in the spare. Rey then realizes another tire is flat. He tries putting air in, but the valve is leaking the air back out. We end up getting the car to my parent's house and decide to stay until Sunday morning. We all came back to Abilene and we all will be going back to the metroplex on Tuesday night. I will have to scrape up enough money to pay for four new tires. Rey's car is barely four years old but the tires are "old". They are just wearing out.
Also, the whole week we are out of town our house was not shown once!! We had been averaging 2 showings a week. So, now we are stuck without any offers on the house.
This past week sucked! I am so frustrated, stressed, upset and sad. Right now my kids are such a bright spot in my life. I am so thankful that they are here and well.
Please pray for us!!! Please pray for comfort for my parents, aunts and uncles. Pray for strength for me to carry my family thru this very trying period. Please just pray that we all realize that all things, in time, will work out for the best. Thank you all in advance.
3 comments:
I am sincerely sorry for you loss, Shelly. I ask God for continued comfort for you and your family.
it's always difficult for those left behind...those that pass are finally at rest, at peace...it is we who must wrestle with all the 'what if's', and 'why's'...you will get through this...our thoughts are with you in your time of sorrow...
I am so sorry for your loss. Please let me know if there's anything at all I can do for you. You and your family are in my thoughts.
Post a Comment